Sunday, January 30, 2022

Tasting - Pinetti

Name: Pinetti Notte Primitivo Puglia IGT 

Variety: Zinfandel  

Region: Puglia   

Country: Italy 

Year: 2020

Price: $4.99

Winery Review: "Enjoyable drier red wine with some mild spice. Not amazing, but certainly one worth buying again, especially for the price. Fruit forward nose, red fruit (and potentially raisins) to tastes with an earthy finish, some hints of pepper or some spice. Drier, medium bodied, with mild tartness". From wine critic 2020.   


Wine Folly: "A fruit-forward yet bold red that's loved for its jammy fruit and Smokey, exotic spice notes. Originally from Croatia, Zinfandel is related to Croatia's #1 red, Plavic Mali. Zinfandel is ideal with Turkish, Moroccan, and Arabic cuisine, which bring out the grape's cinnamon-like spices. Try it with Asian barbecue". (pg. 396 Online book).

Personal Review: This wine was too bold and dry for my liking. It was hard for me to finish the glass that I started. The peppery aftertaste made me cringe, and I don't think I will be buying anymore of this even though the price was amazing. I am more of a sweet, smooth wine type of person, but I thought to expand my horizon. Overall 2/10. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Sweet Peach

  Name: Pacific Fruit Vineyards, Sweet Peach  Variety: Mtsvane Kakhuri Grape Region: California  Country: USA Year: 2021 Price: $5.99 Winery...