Sunday, January 23, 2022

Personal Wine Experience

 To start off this awesome blog page, I get to describe my little experience and knowledge of wine. When I decide that I want to end the long day by grabbing a drink and watching Greys Anatomy, I have never thought about grabbing wine. While I don't have much experience with wine, I have had some glasses in my drinking career. From those few experiences, I have come to terms that my tastes buds are not mature enough to enjoy the unique taste. I will soon get to tell a funny story about the time I shared a glass of wine with a coworker, and it turned into a long night. The only time I can really say that I have experienced wine is when I am around older adults usually in a more professional setting. I can say that between red wine and white wine, I will always choose white over red because when red wine hits my tongue it makes my face squint and sends bad chills down my spine. Part of that could be that I tend to buy the cheap alcohol since Virginia Tech takes all of my money at this stage in my life. 

To begin this story, I would like to start off by saying I should not have agreed to take the glass of wine because I knew it was red, but it was free alcohol. So I am a veterinary technician in hopes to be a vet one day, but our hospital decided to do a dinner and a show for our Christmas party this year, and of course everyone was drinking. My coworker bought a bottle of wine (I don't remember the name) and asked if I wanted to share it with her because she did not want to be completely drunk in front of our bosses, so of course I agreed. As I am eating dinner I decide to take a sip and the taste of that wine made my whole body go numb because of how bad it tasted. Now I am not the person to offend anybody, so of course I had to slowly finish the glass of wine, and it took everything in me to not throw up every time I took a sip; however, I finished and as soon as I was taking the last sip I could feel it coming back up. I excused myself quickly and had to go throw up in the bathroom, and all of my coworkers knew about it, and that story gets brought up to this very day. 

In this class I would love to learn the importance of wine and how to speak the "wine language" because most of my coworkers go out wine tasting, and I would love to expand my horizon with wine. I would like to be able to tell a difference in the taste of wine because my inexperience makes me believe that all wine tastes and smells the same, when I know for a fact they do not. I want to be able to taste a wine and be able to describe the texture and flavor in detail mainly to sound mature in front of the doctors when we go wine tasting.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - Sweet Peach

  Name: Pacific Fruit Vineyards, Sweet Peach  Variety: Mtsvane Kakhuri Grape Region: California  Country: USA Year: 2021 Price: $5.99 Winery...